Friday, June 18, 2010

Thank you Laxman Sylvania


Today I matched Christian Bale.
Ok ok, don’t frown. Drop your eyebrows.
My age matched his waistline in Machinist. Seen the movie?
No!
Don’t see if you are happy with life.
And please help yourself with a DVD/torrent download if you feel otherwise.
It has every plug-ins to detonate your mind.

Anyway, coming back, it’s my birthday today, the day I never laurel. I do not stand antipodal though with any disrespect as well.
It’s just that I do not feel like a star that has done too much. I still have to unhook many knots and the time is running.

Being true to myself, I was never a kid at heart. Let me remember again, naah, nix.
Probably born a bit too ripe, adolescence is a virtue which never palpated me. I was never a fish to be caught.

Still I have some DD memories to share; DD memories mean Memories from DoorDarshan:

Growing through The streets of Malgudi (pardon the usage, Malgudi is not just a place, it is now a way of thinking) from R K Narayanan's novel turn TV serial I dreamt of dhotis and dust. Remember Swami and friends…ta na na nana nanana.

Never ever tasted amul’s milk but was a true amul boy when Siddharth Kak said Amul boy and the background score was “Amul, the taste of Indiaaaaa
You can enshrine Siddharth Kak, right?
Never seen sanskrutik patrika SURABHI?
Damn, you missed the life, the faith, the divinity of DD and most of all, the beaming smile of ever gorgeous Renuka Shahane. I waited and waited and simply waited to see her say, “Siddharth ji, ab darshakon se vidaa lene ka samay aa gaya hai. To Surabhi ki poori team ki or se NAMASKAAR”.
Opps! That Namaskar! That was simply the best moment of the evening.

Byomkesh babu may not look like Zoro in his attire; he was not a bit too young as well.
His wife wrapped in a traditional Bengali white sari (that too not starched) was not having an engineered body like Aruna Shields. You know Aruna Shields. No? Google for her. PRINCE is of course the Choate movie to miss. No harm if you have not seen it.
But still, Byomkesh babu along with his small handheld torch and background music of crickets chirping was a delight to watch.

I liked my school, and did I Gayatree mantra and Hanuman chalisa but more that that I loved “Mile sur mera tumhara”

Especially Mausami Chaterjee in……….

Toma mora swarer milan srishti kare chalbochatano
 
I still love this…probably more than Veer loved Zara.
Don’t start blaming me every now and then, I have not read any Romeo-Juliet. I can simply quote bollywood.
And just to watch that, till Jitendra runs in, in white, I always got up early.

Who says TV defaces children?

I loved the kid saying, gaao na didi……….

Ek chidiya, anek chidiya…

For years Duck Tales was an Indian show for me, till I get to know that it is a dubbed product from Disneyland.
Still I hope, if I was Launchpad McQuack, I would have avoided many suffering the Scrooge family had to face.

Though never seen it, I loved counting the never ending number of episodes Swabhimaan aired.

Now there are no more Moglis and Alices. No Shanti at 4 PM, when I returned from school. No one sings Alif lailaa with a couple of extra aaa…….. But you are still there sitting in a corner of my room.

You knew only two colors viz. black and white, still did your best to make me feel green, yellow and pink.

Thanks for being my best friend for longest span. Thank you LAXMAN SYLVANIA.

NOTE: LAXMAN SYLVANIA was the first Black & White TV we owned and it was till then (1988-2009), that I loved TV. No more affection to channels these days. I’ve always been a DD person.


7 comments:

  1. this is one of the best gift one can espect on his B'Day.....and u r capable of giving it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely knitted piece of your memoirs. But, it appeals to many of us. A really good one.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. ''Alif lailaa with a couple of extra aaa…….''

    mujhe ekdum woh classical Green skin with red lips wala jinn yaad aa gaya........jiske bete ko ek adam zaat :P....ki fainki hui khajoor ke beej se chot lag jaati hai....wowwwwww....

    Beautifull written Avinash........jaise jaise padh rahi thi..puraane din ankho k aage chalte aur guzarte ja rahe the.......Surabhi...Byomkesh Bakhshi....Launchpad used to be my fav always.......:):):)......

    Thanks for writing this all..

    we too still love our first TV..that was BUSH.......:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...thanks for adding to this Di.

    Yeah, I really cherish those days.

    ReplyDelete

Write if you feel, and feel when you write...your words matter, the true ones...